Friday, March 06, 2009

Success! A hat he'll wear


He will wear this one!
Originally uploaded by nonesuch
In accordance with The Cult of Done Manifesto, item #11 ("Failure counts as done. So do mistakes"), I am happy to report success after my initial failure to make Daniel a hat.

I have never had a boyfriend who would wear things I knitted for him, so I'm happy to know that it feels good. I thought it would.

Cult of Done Manifesto encountered on BoingBoing.

Abbreviated Instructions for Tubular Cast On (Circular Knitting)

  1. Using smaller needles, cast on half the required number of stitches.
  2. K1, P into the running thread between stitches.
  3. Repeat these rows at least twice:
    • K 1, bring yarn forward, sl 1 as if to P, take yarn back.
    • Take yarn back, sl 1 as if to P, bring yarn forward, P1.
  4. Switch to larger needles and K1, P1 for desired length.

No comments: